- Enhancing the Standard
- Xpert MTB/RIF revolutionized the management of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) infections by providing faster and more accurate MTB diagnosis that detects MTB and rifampicin (RIF) resistance simultaneously. Following World Health Organization endorsement in 2010, Xpert MTB/RIF has helped improve TB programs in over 130 countries and counting.
- Building on this success, faster and more accurate detection of MTB from the first point of encounter in the community is critical.
Partnered with GeneXpert®
Systems, Xpert MTB/RIF Ultra will bring:
- Improved performance and faster time to result
- Higher sensitivity especially in smear-negative TB cases
- Results in <80 minutes5
- Increased accuracy of Rifampicin results
- Improved detection of mixed infections
- Same easy-to-use process
(5) Jones M, et al. Xpert® MTB/RIF Ultra - design and analytical performance of a second generation Xpert® MTB/RIF assay. Poster presented at ECCMID. 2016 April 9-12, Amsterdam, Netherlands