Now both cytology and molecular laboratories can run a HPV test with confidence. Based on the GeneXpert®
technology, Xpert HPV automates the test process including DNA extraction, amplification, and detection in one fully integrated cartridge.
On-demand HPV testing — a next generation solution:
- Highest risk HPV 16 and HPV 18/45 call-outs enhances patient management
- Optimized detection of 14 hrHPV reported as: HPV16, HPV18/45 or other hrHPV (31, 33, 35, 52, 58; 51, 59; 39, 56, 66, 68)
- E6/E7 oncogenes target eliminates concerns in case of L1 gene deletion3
- Sample adequacy control (SAC) confirms patient sample contains human DNA
- HPV results in around 60 minutes for same-visit clinician/patient consult, minimizes need for repeat visits
(3)Tjalma WA, et al. Cervical cancer screening: which HPV test should be used-L1 or E6/E7? Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2013 Sep;170(1):45-6.